Hangers 101 is a participatory performance, installation and Instagram project that began as a reaction to and during the first 100 days of the new administration I make a daily visual gesture speaking most often in a positive note, spreading words such as peace, understanding etc. We address human rights in general with specificity guided depending what is on the news. At time the feelings of fears and angers are spoken of, how can we not? Hangers 101 is centered around an installation created mainly with hangers and other materials that grows and changes daily. This exploration takes place both within the studio and in various public locations. Sometimes passersby and participants pose with the installation, growing the visual element adding to the conversation. During these interactions, participants share their thoughts about current events around us. I gather snippets of their perspective and experiences to share via @mcayer27 on Instagram with hashtags such as #peace #climatechange #womensrighttochoose and other words that participants think of in relation to what is happening in the US and the world.
- Studio News: Hangers 101 & a Litany of Hashtags and Let’s Take a Walk #50
- Let’s Take a (Virtual viaTwitter & Instagram Walk #47 to the early voting, voting booth.
- See my work and attend live and virtual events – gallery group show – in LIC
- Studio News and a question for you.
- Let’s Take a (Virtual, Twitter Guided) Walk #44